Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Mobile Audio / Electronics
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Mobile Audio / Electronics
Subject Topic: Rockford fosgate install? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
BLK_05_NISMO4x4

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 11 2006 at 8:03am | IP Logged Quote BLK_05_NISMO4x4

I'm trying to install one of the stock 6 disc changers in my 05 (not sure if it will be the fosgate chnger or nissans changer).  I've heard you can't install the fosgate if you have the stock single disc player.  I'm sure that is false, it should be like installing anyother aftermarket head unit.  I was wondering if any one has done this and may now what I'll need besides the head unit to finish the job.
Back to Top View BLK_05_NISMO4x4's Profile Search for other posts by BLK_05_NISMO4x4

Brook724

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 16 2006 at 2:58pm | IP Logged Quote Brook724

If it actually says Rockford Fosgate on the front, it needs an external amp.  The non- RF system should work fine, but you'll need the 6-disk mounting brackets because they are slightly different.
Back to Top View Brook724's Profile Search for other posts by Brook724

BLK_05_NISMO4x4

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 16 2006 at 9:51pm | IP Logged Quote BLK_05_NISMO4x4

Thanx for the tip on the brackets.  The amp was the peice I kind of figured I would need.  I read about a guy who has done this and said it played low because he didn't have the pre amp installed.  Turns out it isn't very easy to find the fosgate changer or the nissan cd6.
Back to Top View BLK_05_NISMO4x4's Profile Search for other posts by BLK_05_NISMO4x4

BLK_05_NISMO4x4

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 03 2007 at 4:28pm | IP Logged Quote BLK_05_NISMO4x4

I now have the Rockford Fosgate CD6 from a 07 X and have the brackets on order.  I connected the HU to test it out and it does play low.  From what I've read it plays low because the RF system is 2 ohm and the stock 6 speaker is 4 ohm.  I'm a rookie when it comes to amps. So my new question is what would be the best coarse of action?  Getting aftermarket 2 ohm speakers or a amp.  If I get a amp how many ch should I look for to drive the 6 stock speakers.  I just want clear sound doesn't need to be super loud and I'm trying to do this on a budget.  I still have to buy the ipod interface for around 200.  Any suggestions?

kcidmil
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
HI! My name is Ben and I have Car ADD.

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 04 2007 at 9:15am | IP Logged Quote kcidmil

90% of speakers now a days is 4 ohms.  So you'll probably have to go with a 4channel amp.

05 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
90 Nissan Maxima SE
12 Nissan Xterra S
Back to Top View kcidmil's Profile Search for other posts by kcidmil Visit kcidmil's Homepage

Joehova17

Know It All

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 06 2007 at 6:50pm | IP Logged Quote Joehova17

If you get a decent sized amp it will mount nicely underneath the driver seat, just make sure you re set the airbag system. I can't remember exactly what needs to be done to reset it but it worked fine on my 05 nissan after I installed an amp.
Back to Top View Joehova17's Profile Search for other posts by Joehova17

BLK_05_NISMO4x4

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 10 2007 at 8:46am | IP Logged Quote BLK_05_NISMO4x4

Does anyone know if the RF head unit needs a pre amp in order to connect the amp?  I will most likely get the install done professionally but I'm trying to get a list of all the required parts so I can do some shopping around first.

kcidmil
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
HI! My name is Ben and I have Car ADD.

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 10 2007 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote kcidmil

Even professionals will trip the airbag system.  This mainly happens when the light and/or airbag key switch is disconnected, and the ignition key is turned on.  As long as you don't turn the key on with these disconnected, you'll be fine and won't need to have it reset.

To reset it you'll either have to pay Nissan to do it, or know someone that has a OBDII scanner than can read airbag codes. 

05 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
90 Nissan Maxima SE
12 Nissan Xterra S
Back to Top View kcidmil's Profile Search for other posts by kcidmil Visit kcidmil's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version