Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Frontier Modifications (Performance & Looks)
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Frontier Modifications (Performance & Looks)
Subject Topic: Lift Review? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
sinfonik

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 26 2008 at 11:13am | IP Logged Quote sinfonik

Howdy, I'm new to the forum.  I've finally found myself able to do some light off-roading (which is partially why I bought my Frontier in the FIRST place) and was looking at some of the basic lift packages on this page and was wondering if anybody here had installed any of em.  I'm steering more towards an add-a-leaf kit.  This'll be my first mod on ANY vehicle (other than adding a CAI to a BMW), so some things I'm wondering:
1) Are these kits any good?
2) I haven't messed with any of the brake lines; will lengthening them be a simple mod?
3) Would I need a leveling kit for the front suspension after adding the leafs and front and rear shocks?

Sorry for the newbie questions.  Any info would be much appreciated.

bigriver

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 26 2008 at 11:30am | IP Logged Quote bigriver

I wouldn't recommend AC kits, especially the coils which are notorius for blowing up shocks.

Instead, check out www.prgproducts.com and give Greg a call to answer your questions.

If you do a minor 2" lift, you won't need to extend the brake lines, just unclip the rear brake and ABS sensor lines.  But swapping the lines are not a simple mod, they are a pita, especially bleeding the brakes after you swap the lines.

Our trucks already have a forward rake (rear wheelarch is 1" higher than the front).  So if you lift the rear 2", you will definitely need to lift the front.  Since you are 4x4, the max lift in front should be 2.5" so you don't messup your cv angles.  If you want to go higher, you will need a kit that has a differential drop bracket like Calmini or Fabtech but those are big $$.  If you will be offroading alot, then anything higher than 2" in front will give you lots of coil bucket contact which can be annoying so an aftermarket upper control arm with a bumpstop is recommended.   If you have the $, I would recommend a good coilover shock like radflos which have an internal droop stop to prevent coil bucket contact.   If you go with a spacer lift in front, you keep your stock shocks.

In the rear, if you lift more than 2", then you will need longer shocks so you do not run the risk of fully extending your shock offroad, plus your ride quality will start to suffer.

sinfonik

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 26 2008 at 12:21pm | IP Logged Quote sinfonik

That's terrific input, thank you!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version