Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Frontier Modifications (Performance & Looks)
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Frontier Modifications (Performance & Looks)
Subject Topic: What kind of front guard? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
06Frontier Indy

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 12 2008 at 6:43pm | IP Logged Quote 06Frontier Indy

I need some help fellas... I got a red 2006 SE king cab 4x4....i was wondering what would be better.... a bull guard or the cal mini pre-runner bumper....... please leave you opinions.  Plus i got a Top Gun Customz Leveling Kit
Calmini 2" Shackles with 33 BFG AT KOs

Back to Top View 06Frontier Indy's Profile Search for other posts by 06Frontier Indy

crashtest36

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 14 2008 at 11:03pm | IP Logged Quote crashtest36

I have the same truck except in silver, was debating whether or not i should do pretty much the exact same thing... i did about 40 into a rock wall so it kinda f**ked my bumber and i figure if i need a new one and i want to make mods on it anyway, why not get something useful.
I like the prerunner style but i havent lifted mine or anything so itd look a little odd being stock and having it, any other suggestions would be helpful or things i might want to look into?
Back to Top View crashtest36's Profile Search for other posts by crashtest36

06Frontier Indy

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 15 2008 at 10:09am | IP Logged Quote 06Frontier Indy

Crashtest.... i was wondering if u were thinking about putting a lit on yours... if so i would recommend the top gun cuztomz leveling kit and then getting the shackle kit from calmini.... i talked to a person from calmini about the pre-runner bumper and he said there was a guy who worked there with just a basic 2.5 inch lift which is basically what i have and said that it looked fine....

Back to Top View 06Frontier Indy's Profile Search for other posts by 06Frontier Indy

crashtest36

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 15 2008 at 10:18pm | IP Logged Quote crashtest36

i dont have enough cash but once i do i planned on putting a lift on. either a 4 in suspension with a 2 in body or just a 6in suspension.  i havent looked that much into it since itd be a project, especially since i barely have enough extra cash to get the bumper, also depending on how much it costs to ship it. I checked out the top gun sight and found some stuff id like but i have a few friends who are mechanics and good with tools enough to possibly fabricate a lift to same some cash, a little worried about screwing with the truck too much just in case somethings misaligned or something goes wrong i might just go for a full kit, in which case id love some suggestions on it.

06Frontier Indy

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 15 2008 at 10:28pm | IP Logged Quote 06Frontier Indy

I've only been looking at the lift kits recently..... honestly the best deal i think is out there right now is the 5 inch cal mini suspension kit.... for the money it looks very good..... if you want something that makes the grill look good for cheap check out....

http://www.autoamenity.com/Chrome-Grill/Chrome-Grill-Insert- Nissan-GI-28.htm

If you have any ideas for me let me know....

crashtest36

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 16 2008 at 10:44am | IP Logged Quote crashtest36

I like that a lot, simple grill but gives it that extra edge to it, very nice. 

http://store.topguncustomz.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFIt emDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=134402&c=799242&i=23291 0884
im considering ^ but i think i might end up  getting  v  because althought its only a 3 in lift, i feel like it would be a lot more reliable and less likely to break? i dunno why i just get that feeling.  http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/index.php3?page=sho p/flypage&product_id=4765&category_id=a91cc957891591 4188170aa3027a1037&ps_session=c9f0ca82acf3b03b229276f392 e9aa23

the project i have before that is getting a set of side bars like these:
http://www.shrockworks.com/Nissan-Frontier-Rock-Sliders-Rock er-Protection-Nerf-Bars-pr-16158.html

and ive been having a lot of trouble finding any full undercarriage skid plates, i can only find them in parts which id rather not have to deal with even though itd probably be better in terms of having to fix separate pieces if needed.

also considered a snorkel which i dont think im going to get just cause i dont really need it, and either xenon or halogen headlights and fog lights.

i think thats all but im sure i thought of putting other stuff on.

crashtest36

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 26 2008 at 10:08am | IP Logged Quote crashtest36

Called Calmini yesterday to order the prerunner bumper.. they said its backordered and wont ship it for 4-6 weeks, which sucks cause my current bumper has become very dented and pretty useless.
it also was about 200 to ship it to a business and 270 to ship it to my house, given that i live across the country

other than that im stoked to put it on (whenever it is that i get it

crashtest36

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 27 2008 at 10:20pm | IP Logged Quote crashtest36

This is what i put on tonight, took me a few hours and had quite a few problems with it, still not 100% complete but i like it a lot

Norwalk - CT

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version