Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Frontier Modifications (Performance & Looks)
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Frontier Modifications (Performance & Looks)
Subject Topic: 08 gas mi Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
boneyard10

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 26 2007 at 12:21am | IP Logged Quote boneyard10

I bought an 08 4 door 2 wheel drive auto trns a couple of weeks ago and I just cant get over how terrible the mi is. I get like 13-14 mi per gallon on the hwy! I drive 55 mi an hr so I just cant figure it out. Does anyone know if there is a break in period? I love the truck other that that. Thanks
Back to Top View boneyard10's Profile Search for other posts by boneyard10

lakota
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Frontier Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 26 2007 at 12:36pm | IP Logged Quote lakota

boneyard10;

Welcome to the Frontier group.

... You are correct… many vehicles do get poor mileage during break-in. The new fuel mileage ratings are fairly accurate. Please check out the many fuel mileage threads in the forum.

Have a good one while you can still laugh about it.. Don S..

It would be nice if our members would add their vehicle information to their signature (similar to mine) plus add their City and State . A member in the same town might be willing to drop by and help you with a problem. Or drink all your beer!

'04 FWD 1.8 Sentra '08 FWD 2.4 Camry LE
Fort Worth
Back to Top View lakota's Profile Search for other posts by lakota Visit lakota's Homepage

supercobraz

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Dec 27 2007 at 7:43pm | IP Logged Quote supercobraz

It'll get better. For starters, the computer that calculates the milage counts your idle time as well as drive time. So, with it being cold outside, if you let your truck warm up, it will kill the mpg. 

I got mine in the middle of June, so this was not the case.  However, I had a noticable increase in my MPG's after around 3,000 miles.  I now get about 24 to 25 on the highway (only one person on flat highway).  I did notice when I started uphill, the milage started dropping.  I don't really drive city, it's more of a city/highway.  In that I get 17.5 to 18.3.  I'm pleased with both those since I only got about 16.5 mpg city/highway in my much smaller Chevy S-10. Hope that helps..

allycat

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 20 2008 at 12:22pm | IP Logged Quote allycat

got my 08 kingcab auto 2wheel drive SE about 2 weeks ago and the first tank got 19.6 and the second tank got 19.5. my mix is about 25% city and 75% hiway. on the hiway i run around 70mph. i am not unhappy with this as i think it will get better with time.... with all the electrons that monitor our motors these days it might be getting a faulty signal from one of the sensors like the mass air flow and making your your mixture a little rich. have your dealer run a test on it as it is covered under warr.

Back to Top View allycat's Profile Search for other posts by allycat

Chopper

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 10 2008 at 10:16pm | IP Logged Quote Chopper

I typically get about 26 to 27 mpg to the US gal (9litres per 100km). It really goes down with a load though. We often tow a horse trailer with lots of camping gear too and the mileage goes down to 18 mpg.
In Australia the same vehicle is called a Navara. Mine is a dual (crew) cab, 4.0 litre V6, 6-speed manual and was built in Dec 2006 so I have a year's experience.
The biggest thing from day to day seems to be tire pressure. It came with Continental ContiTracs and if the tire pressure is below 32 psi the mileage goes bad. I keep the tire pressure at 36 with no load and 38 when I have a load to haul. Although it will really move for a vehicle of this size and weight, I'm usually fairly judicious with the gas. I'm also a convert to cruise control wherever possible.
Our fuel in Australia is higher octane - regular is 93, E10 is 95 and premium is 97.
I use regular or E10.
We don't have anything else on the market here that can do the job this vehicle does this well.
Hope this helps - good luck!
Back to Top View Chopper's Profile Search for other posts by Chopper

Boomer
Nissan Guru

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 11 2008 at 5:12am | IP Logged Quote Boomer

I concur with Chopper on the tire pressure.  I run about 37-38 cold psi in mine to get the good highway mileage I do. 

2013 VW Passat TDI
State College, PA
Back to Top View Boomer's Profile Search for other posts by Boomer

dannyg

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 10:37pm | IP Logged Quote dannyg

I have an 06 with 2.93 r/p great on highway 24-26 mpg around town 15-17mpg with lt265-75-16 tires wich is about 32-10.00

06 frontier 4.0 auto

Back to Top View dannyg's Profile Search for other posts by dannyg

lorydr96

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 24 2008 at 4:45pm | IP Logged Quote lorydr96

I have a newly purchased used 2006 Nissan Frontier XE 2.5 Ltr 4 cyl and so far after changing over to semi-synthetic motor oil, and replacing the air filter, I am getting between 22.5 & 23MPG highway driving 70MPH+ most of the time. I commute and it's 53 miles one way. I am considering installing this module I purchased that is supposed to improve the HP and then add up to 4 MPG. I have a forum question out on it. The Jury is still out...........I haven't gotten the nerve to install it just yet.

Atlanta Ga
Back to Top View lorydr96's Profile Search for other posts by lorydr96

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version