Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Mobile Audio / Electronics
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Mobile Audio / Electronics
Subject Topic: Aftermarket cd player Install Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
x0m6ie

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 19 2007 at 12:11am | IP Logged Quote x0m6ie

Hello everybody, I have searched every where for this information so i thought i would make a post to ask the stupid question.

I just bought a nissan frontier, 2004 crew cab 4x4, great truck so far.  i am getting a kenwood kdc-x990 for my birthday in may from my girlfriend and i just need to know if there is a howto on how to remove the old deck...i am versed in stereo removal, i have done all my own installs, sirius, cd player, ipod attatchment, it just takes time to make it look pro.  now i just need information.  also, if anybody has any pictures of there install that would be great.   i also need to know if i need a install kit or if nissan is like toyota and i didnt need a install kit i just need the single din filler peice and the new hu.

thanks for any help in advance.

Jake
Back to Top View x0m6ie's Profile Search for other posts by x0m6ie

Frontyfan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Mar 20 2007 at 3:56am | IP Logged Quote Frontyfan

If your gf orders the stereo from Crutchfield, i've seen where they will throw in the wiring instructions, and an installation kit for free...and you can see the installation kit and what it looks like in an xterra, so you can have an idea of what it will look like in your fronty. just some food for thought, i'm considering an aftermarket stereo as well and i'll most likely order it from crutchfield, also i beleive free shipping on some of the stereos.

x0m6ie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 20 2007 at 6:27am | IP Logged Quote x0m6ie

Frontyfan wrote:

If your gf orders the stereo from Crutchfield, i've seen where they will throw in the wiring instructions, and an installation kit for free...and you can see the installation kit and what it looks like in an xterra, so you can have an idea of what it will look like in your fronty. just some food for thought, i'm considering an aftermarket stereo as well and i'll most likely order it from crutchfield, also i beleive free shipping on some of the stereos.

Check Out http://www.sonicelectronix.com   they have come killer deals on decks, the Kenwood KDC-X990 that i am looking at is 299.99 with 15 bucks shipping with free install kit.  on crutchfeild.com its 349.99 with free shipping, and no install kit from what it looks like.

i figure that i will have no problems installing the hu, when i bought my frontier it came with a KARR aftermarket alarm, and i dont know of that company, so i need to rip it out and put in a Python or Viper and make my doors keyless entry.  thats my project for the next year i have this truck.

kcidmil
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
HI! My name is Ben and I have Car ADD.

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 20 2007 at 7:15am | IP Logged Quote kcidmil

LOL... if you go to Crutchfield, find the stereo you want, and then click "Add to Cart"... the next screen pops up and asks you

Yes, I want the free instructions and installation gear.
Let's select my vehicle.

-or-

No, I don't want the free instructions and installation gear.

To be very honest, Crutchfield's customer service is the among the best I've dealt with.  And at least they have a 30 Day return policy so if you don't like it, you can return it for a refund.

05 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
90 Nissan Maxima SE
12 Nissan Xterra S
Back to Top View kcidmil's Profile Search for other posts by kcidmil Visit kcidmil's Homepage

x0m6ie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 21 2007 at 6:34am | IP Logged Quote x0m6ie

kcidmil wrote:

LOL... if you go to Crutchfield, find the stereo you want, and then click "Add to Cart"... the next screen pops up and asks you

Yes, I want the free instructions and installation gear.
Let's select my vehicle.

-or-

No, I don't want the free instructions and installation gear.

To be very honest, Crutchfield's customer service is the among the best I've dealt with.  And at least they have a 30 Day return policy so if you don't like it, you can return it for a refund.

Thats fine, but still, i got the price for the same unit beat by 50 bucks.  when it comes down to dollar signs, the less greenbacks you spend the better right.   hehehe

Has anybody every put a big sub like a clairon pxw-1051 under there rear seats?  i need help with a speaker box.

Cody08

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 31 2007 at 8:13pm | IP Logged Quote Cody08

[/QUOTE]

Check Out http://www.sonicelectronix.com   they have come killer deals on decks, the Kenwood KDC-X990 that i am looking at is 299.99 with 15 bucks shipping with free install kit.  on crutchfeild.com its 349.99 with free shipping, and no install kit from what it looks like.

i figure that i will have no problems installing the hu, when i bought my frontier it came with a KARR aftermarket alarm, and i dont know of that company, so i need to rip it out and put in a Python or Viper and make my doors keyless entry.  thats my project for the next year i have this truck.
[/QUOTE]

but what do they offer for warrenty on the deck? Im guessing that if you checked with kenwood they dont have sonicelectronics.com on there authorized dealer list. Which means no true factory warrenty.

Back to Top View Cody08's Profile Search for other posts by Cody08

x0m6ie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 02 2007 at 6:45am | IP Logged Quote x0m6ie

Cody08 wrote:

but what do they offer for warrenty on the deck? Im guessing that if you checked with kenwood they dont have sonicelectronics.com on there authorized dealer list. Which means no true factory warrenty.

1 Year from Sonicelectronix.com, better than nothing, and i need no more help installing i found a pdf and the dash kit came with instrcutions.

basically there is 1 screw under your center dash tray.  you pop it off and unscrew it then carefully pull outward.  then 4 screws holding in your stock unit.  You replace it with a dash kit and put everything back together.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version