Nissan Frontier Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Titan Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Frontier Modifications (Performance & Looks)
 Nissan Frontier Forums : Frontier Modifications (Performance & Looks)
Subject Topic: Free Mod (throttle body coolant bypass) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
rippdogg13
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Sep 14 2007 at 9:35pm | IP Logged Quote rippdogg13

Just a side note... not that the RX7 would real be a good topic for a frontier forum, but its a good model for what i wanted to say... in such an effort for mazda to make the car 50/50 in weight distribution they shaved it from the radiator and other arias that seamed capable for shrinking...  which was fine for stock power, but once modified... and you cant say no one has done it... the motor put out so much heat that heat fatigued the apex seals and the motor quit... If high hp is your game, get the Supercharger,  september i believe is the last month of the sale for the stillen unit for i think about 5k... installed too i think? but in coralation to was i was saying, getting down the temp isnt going to make power apear... yes it will releive a few, but it will be quickly regained by adding power... the nismo headers alone heat up the underhood temp quite a bit... i've had mine for about 6 months now, and even wrapped them before instalation.  So i would agree with lakota, even get rid of your clutch fan and install a electric fan , this will free up at least 5 -10 hp, even though its still a water pump. I noticed the world of a diferance on my 300.

84 300ZX-T
89 240SX coupe
06 nismo frontier
Back to Top View rippdogg13's Profile Search for other posts by rippdogg13

Chris6744

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jan 29 2008 at 11:47am | IP Logged Quote Chris6744

hey guys. i did this mod and after i let my truck idle in my shop. after a while i noticed a really bad smell almost like amonia. well i checked around and it was my exhaust. i thought well thats weird. id never smelt that before so i wondered if it had anything to do with the bypass i just did with the coolant hoses. well i put it back to normal and now the smell has gone away. i dont know why it makes it smell so bad without the hoses but i would not recomend doing this mod. it doesnt make any gas milage or power diff anyways
Back to Top View Chris6744's Profile Search for other posts by Chris6744

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version